Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jane Austen and the Idea of a Home


Believed to be Jane Austen's profile.

Thanks to Tea at Trianon, I found this blog, Jane's Austen's World, which opens a door to all kinds of information on Jane Austen, her writings, and her world. In my first exploration, I particularly enjoyed this post on Jane Austen's Description a House and a Home and also this article, "Jane Austen's Idea of Home," which encapsulates what I think many homemakers strive for: "What Jane Austen suggests is that physical facilities will be charming only when there is a correspondence between outward beauty and the inner life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pardon me, this should probably go under a previous post you had about a book by Dorothy Canfield Fisher but I didn't know if you would see it there. I understand if you would want to move this to be a comment under that entry.

You and other readers of Fisher's works might like to know that she also wrote a book on Elementary Composition (link below).

The site with the link, Happy Hearts Homeschooling Library, posts links and short descriptions of vintage books for children.

http://freehomeschoolinglibrar.blogspot.com/2009/03/elementary-compositiongoogle-books.html

Donna