Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In Praise of My Daughter, Natural-Born Laundress


Laundry folded by my daughter this week.

My daughter learned how to do the laundry at the age of 10, since I was working long hours. She washed the laundry, got it into the dryer, and then folded it--perfectly. She likes to have things in clear rectangles or squares. Everything is sorted by its particular category. Needless to say, she did not learn this from me. She does ironing, too! Her neatness does not extend to all realms--not even up the stairs to her room. Now she is almost 20. However, her beautifully folded laundry is always a pleasure to me -- which just goes to show you the way in which small things can be a gift of love to others. She's a treasure in lots of big ways, too.

2 comments:

C. C. said...

Hello Linda!

I just found you on "Homeliving" blogspot and wanted to come over and say "hi". I really enjoyed your post on your Mother, Grandmother, etc. Just reading how someone did a bit of ironing or cake-making or anything home-making related inspires me. I am glad you have had such wonderful ladies in your life (as well as you and your daughter doing such a nice job of your laundry folding! My kids and I fold our clothes together every load: I have one who rolls everything up like they apparantly do in the army and another who sort of makes them look as though they came out of the blender!) My son also enjoys knitting (my mom knit when she was alive) and I enjoyed your wedding washcloths: nice work!

Have a nice week!

C. C.

Anonymous said...

I also wandered over here through a link from Lydia Sherman's blog. What a lovely blogspot you have created!